From: popinjay <>
Subject: Re: BillB is right
Full headers:
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2018 19:42:59 -0800 (PST)
From: popinjay <>
On Wednesday, March 7, 2018 at 7:27:39 PM UTC-8, Bill Vanek wrote:

> Why don't you ask your friend for the bodycam footage? You might
> change your mind a bit. Cops might be dicks, but attitude is a bad
> habit when you're dealing with them. I'm a fucking white guy, and had
> plenty of problems with cops. We already know that you did too, and we
> both know why.

My friend is walking on eggshells.  He just got out early after a second 8-year stretch and is a
second-striker.  He's my age, and knows any more fucking up and it will essentially be a life
sentence.  He's already spent more years in than out, starting as a teen in Fred C Nellis in the
early 70s.  That's when I met him, and we've been friends ever since, even though I went one way and
he went the other.  By his version he didn't do anything wrong.  I know he may have talked some
shit, I wasn't there.  But these fuckers pulled the guns on him and my feeling is that they did that
because he's black and can get away with it.

This is one reason we haven't hooked up since he got out.  I am afraid of driving around with a
black parolee in my Lexus.  It's been a long long time since I was told to get on the ground, and I
feel if we were driving in Fresno we might just get pulled over for nothing, nothing that could turn
into something once they run a make.  As it is, I never get pulled over by myself.  I'm white, and
obey the laws.  Plus I have a bumper sticker that says "Support Your Local Police".  I'm no fool.