From: Dutch <>
Subject: Re: You want racism? I'll give you racism
Full headers:
From: Dutch <>
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2018 19:58:09 -0800
On 3/7/2018 6:58 PM, Bill Vanek wrote:
> On Wed, 7 Mar 2018 13:56:44 -0800, Dutch<> wrote:
>> On 3/7/2018 9:04 AM, Bill Vanek wrote:
>>> Of course. There is a genetic component to IQ.
>> Are you referring to *intelligence* when you say "IQ"?
>> "IQ tests" tend to test the ability to grasp certain types of abstract
>> problems. That is a specific type of intelligence. There are many kinds
>> of intelligence.
>>   If your experiment were
>>> tried thousands of times, there would be a pattern. I don't think
>>> there is any agreement on how "significant" the variance would be,
>>> though. The other problem is what Pickle mentions, that there is
>>> significant blurring among the races after so many years of human
>>> life. Where do you find the subjects of your experiment?
>> In my hypothetical scenario the children are all clearly representative
>> examples of their race.
> Well sure, so they are all identical, and race means nothing at all,
> so why even bring this up? Why select several different races at all?
> We are all fucking equal, so lets just grab a bunch of white kids.

I'm trying to make the point that a group of infants of different races
raised in the same environment facing the same challenges would likely
perform quite close to the same in terms of success in life. Once you
eliminate outside influences humans are not "equal" or "identical", but
very similar in potential.

>>> And that is at least part of my point. Once you understand why there
>>> is no such environment, and never will be, you will move closer to the
>>> smart (conservative) understanding of real life.
>> I realize there is no such environment. The purpose of a thought
>> experiment is to get to the root of a problem by isolating and
>> eliminating variables.
> Not when it comes to this subject. The only purpose of liberals is to
> prove that no race is better than any other, whatever the fuck that
> means.

Better *at what*? What liberals mean, I think, is that people of every
race deserve an equal shot at the good life. No person, because of his
race, should have huge obstacles placed in front of him.

>> I realize that in your mind all roads lead to
>> your particular brand of conservative thinking, that's the kind of
>> pre-existing bias I am trying to eliminate.
> Reality does not fit the common definition of bias.

Do not delude yourself that your particular bias and reality are the
same thing.