From: Bill Vanek <bilvanek@invalid.com>
Subject: Re: BillB is right
From: Bill Vanek <bilvanek@invalid.com>
Newsgroups: rec.gambling.poker
Date: Wed, 07 Mar 2018 19:58:49 -0800
On Wed, 7 Mar 2018 19:42:59 -0800 (PST), popinjay<paulpopinjay@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

>On Wednesday, March 7, 2018 at 7:27:39 PM UTC-8, Bill Vanek wrote:
>

>> Why don't you ask your friend for the bodycam footage? You might
>> change your mind a bit. Cops might be dicks, but attitude is a bad
>> habit when you're dealing with them. I'm a fucking white guy, and had
>> plenty of problems with cops. We already know that you did too, and we
>> both know why.
>

>My friend is walking on eggshells.  He just got out early after a second 8-year stretch and is a
second-striker.  He's my age, and knows any more fucking up and it will essentially be a life
sentence.  He's already spent more years in than out, starting as a teen in Fred C Nellis in the
early 70s.  That's when I met him, and we've been friends ever since, even though I went one way and
he went the other.  By his version he didn't do anything wrong.  I know he may have talked some
shit, I wasn't there.  But these fuckers pulled the guns on him and my feeling is that they did that
because he's black and can get away with it.

Or because they know him?

>This is one reason we haven't hooked up since he got out.  I am afraid of driving around with a
black parolee in my Lexus.  It's been a long long time since I was told to get on the ground, and I
feel if we were driving in Fresno we might just get pulled over for nothing, nothing that could turn
into something once they run a make.  As it is, I never get pulled over by myself.  I'm white, and
obey the laws.  Plus I have a bumper sticker that says "Support Your Local Police".  I'm no fool.