From: Bill Vanek <bilvanek@invalid.com>
Subject: Re: You want racism? I'll give you racism
Full headers:
From: Bill Vanek <bilvanek@invalid.com>
Newsgroups: rec.gambling.poker
Date: Wed, 07 Mar 2018 20:55:06 -0800
References: <74696972-0ed8-4ab3-882a-cb93d5d4e67f@googlegroups.com> <5bf0093c-1573-4e14-95f9-f6e0b8a7d2c4@googlegroups.com> <I4InC.41449$fQ7.29319@fx13.iad> <dcmu9dladt80houpoqeum8jkshbdla22rq@4ax.com> <3OMnC.117351$4_2.25469@fx35.iad> <1e6v9dpe30h4rlmoiood1bd4upre9kvk8l@4ax.com> <S0NnC.48373$ma4.8870@fx10.iad> <d960adh929k7l9bhji59emmciq8ea4crqe@4ax.com> <xeZnC.126475$qc.90669@fx04.iad> <4b91adtfv36ab3fh00vfiqkc3aq54d0ass@4ax.com> <mx2oC.58536$Mx3.54620@fx18.iad>
On Wed, 7 Mar 2018 19:58:09 -0800, Dutch<no@email.com> wrote:

>On 3/7/2018 6:58 PM, Bill Vanek wrote:

>>> Are you referring to *intelligence* when you say "IQ"?
>>>
>>> "IQ tests" tend to test the ability to grasp certain types of abstract
>>> problems. That is a specific type of intelligence. There are many kinds
>>> of intelligence.
>>>
>>>   If your experiment were
>>>
>>> In my hypothetical scenario the children are all clearly representative
>>> examples of their race.
>>
>> Well sure, so they are all identical, and race means nothing at all,
>> so why even bring this up? Why select several different races at all?
>> We are all fucking equal, so lets just grab a bunch of white kids.
>
>I'm trying to make the point that a group of infants of different races
>raised in the same environment facing the same challenges would likely
>perform quite close to the same in terms of success in life. Once you
>eliminate outside influences humans are not "equal" or "identical", but
>very similar in potential.

You are not making any point. You are expressing your feelings, and
nothing else. Your feeling are wrong.

>>> I realize there is no such environment. The purpose of a thought
>>> experiment is to get to the root of a problem by isolating and
>>> eliminating variables.
>>
>> Not when it comes to this subject. The only purpose of liberals is to
>> prove that no race is better than any other, whatever the fuck that
>> means.
>
>Better *at what*? What liberals mean, I think, is that people of every
>race deserve an equal shot at the good life. No person, because of his
>race, should have huge obstacles placed in front of him.

But it's the fucking conservatives who try to actually *give* everyone
an equal shot, instead of just mouthing feel-good shit. It's the
liberals who keep them enslaved with government handouts. And it's the
liberals who are placing obstacles in front of other races with
affirmative action. When it comes to jobs, blacks have it made. That
is, if they bother to look.

>>> I realize that in your mind all roads lead to
>>> your particular brand of conservative thinking, that's the kind of
>>> pre-existing bias I am trying to eliminate.
>>
>> Reality does not fit the common definition of bias.
>
>Do not delude yourself that your particular bias and reality are the
>same thing.

Reality is not bias. Liberals just make things up.