Subject: Re: You want racism? I'll give you racism
Full headers:
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2018 22:48:35 -0800 (PST)
From: BillB <>
On Wednesday, March 7, 2018 at 10:30:50 PM UTC-8, Bill Vanek wrote:

> Life is complex. You are simple. And that's how you ended up
> tragically believing that you're smart.

No, I think I started believing I was smart in kindergarten, when I realized none of the other kids
could fluently read or write like me. What was that all about?? I thought they sent me to a retard
school by mistake. I remember the first day my mom dropped me off and I started to cry. The teacher
tried to calm me down by giving me this wooden jigsaw puzzle of a duck that had about 5 pieces to
it. I remember thinking something like, "What the fuck? Do they think I'm stupid or something? This
is for babies."

By the time I was in grade seven I had already been accelerated four times (but sent back twice
because of a total lack of cooperation on my part). I started high school when I was eleven and
finished in two years. All that time I aced every test I took, without ever doing any homework. I
had to get probed and tested on a yearly basis by educational psychologists and psychiatrists who
wanted to know what made me tick. If that was your life, wouldn't you start to think you were smart
after a while?

I won't even get into what happened in university. You wouldn't believe it anyway.