From: VegasJerry <jerryst@cox.net>
Subject: Re: BillB is right
Full headers:
Newsgroups: rec.gambling.poker
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2018 07:25:06 -0800 (PST)
From: VegasJerry <jerryst@cox.net>
On Wednesday, March 7, 2018 at 10:27:01 PM UTC-8, BillB wrote:
> On Wednesday, March 7, 2018 at 10:08:41 PM UTC-8, Clave wrote:
> > On 3/7/2018 9:47 PM, BillB wrote:
> >
> > <...>
> >
> > > Everyone has to take their own path. Most of my success is attributable to the blind luck of
being born with an extremely high IQ. I'm very much a slacker at heart.

> > Not terribly surprising.
> >
> > It was pointed out to me at a very young age that high intelligence and
> > successful laziness are often correlated.
> >
> > I mean, what is intelligence if not figuring out the easiest way to
> > achieve an end?
>
> That's exactly right. I've spent my whole life looking for an easier way, and usually finding it.
It used to drive my mom crazy.

> After practicing law for a few years, I realized I could either work sixty hours a week and become
extremely wealthy, or just work part-time for myself but still live better than 99% of humans who
have ever walked the planet. It wasn't a hard choice. (Plus I followed my mom's advice and married a
rich girl. That helps a lot.)

Bingo. I told my kid that. He was hired by a firm and had to work 60-hours a week (Civil Engineer),
in hopes of eventually working his way to the top.

I told him his other choice was to go to work for the government. At the end of your 8-hours, you
put down your pencil and go home. You'll never be rich, but you'll enjoy life. he picked the latter.
And with no kids and his wife also a professional (CPA) they've all the money they need. (She does
have to put in extra hours, being an 'almost partner.')

And here I am, retired and sitting on my ass..

Jerry (assitting) 'n Vegas