From: Travel <>
Subject: Re: For vanek: BillB's childhood home
Full headers:
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2018 14:44:20 -0800 (PST)
From: Travel <>
On Thursday, March 8, 2018 at 3:50:25 PM UTC-5, Bill Vanek wrote:
> On Thu, 8 Mar 2018 12:19:34 -0800 (PST), BillB
><> wrote:
> >

> >It's a pretty nice neighborhood (I think that house is worth about 500k today). Even though my
mom was a widow with four kids, and there wasn't any extra money floating around, I still grew up
bathed in white privilege. Still, I *barely* made it out alive. Had I grown up in the hood, I would
have had no chance. I was not a good kid, but my whiteness gave me those third and fourth chances
that the hood rats just don't ever get.
> OMG!!!! We grew up right across the street from each other!!! Here's
> my house:

I grew up in kindofa condo at the Fort. Not too fancy really, but it was safe!