From: Juan Anonly <aqui@ahora.com>
Subject: Re: HW division and a financial record breaking freak show.
Full headers:
From: Juan Anonly <aqui@ahora.com>
Newsgroups: rec.sport.boxing
Date: Sat, 5 Aug 2017 10:33:00 -0700
On 2017-08-04 08:26:00 +0000, Edmund said:

> Ok guys, finally the clinschclowns are gone ( thanks Joshua ) and Tyson Fury
> seems to have have retired again, what do we have now?
> Next Joshua fight will be against Pulev who also likes to hold, wrestle
> and do anything
> but boxing.
> It still won't help him much against Joshua I guess and it could be
> entertaining for as long
> as it lasts.

I'm waiting for the eventual Joshua / Wilder fight.  It's amazing that
when I was a kid heavyweights, lead by Ali, dominated the scene. I
liked to watch heavyweights then, but I don't much any more.  So
frequently they have limited skills and just throw wild punches, and
worse, some of them can take them.  It makes me wonder whether they'll
ever talk to their grand children.

> Then we get a none boxer, a lightweight!! who managed to brag himself
> into a huge financial
> encounter with Mayweather, well done McGregor.
> What do you guys thinks of this?

It's just BS to make money, nothing more, nothing less.  I'll read
about it in the paper.  I know a lot of fight fans are adamant that
McGregor doesn't belong in the ring with him, because he's not a boxer.
 That's fine, but I'm not getting suckered into a conversation about
nothing.  P.T. Barnum would have been delighted to have a piece of this
action.