From: Edmund <nomail@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: HW division and a financial record breaking freak show.
Full headers:
From: Edmund <nomail@hotmail.com>
Newsgroups: rec.sport.boxing
Date: Sun, 6 Aug 2017 10:46:56 -0000 (UTC)
On Sat, 05 Aug 2017 12:25:24 +0200, Emanuel Berg wrote:

> Edmund wrote:
>
>> Then we get a none boxer, a lightweight!! who
>> managed to brag himself into a huge financial
>> encounter with Mayweather, well done
>> McGregor. What do you guys thinks of this?
>
> If Mayweather keeps fighting he will loose
> eventually, however I don't think this is the
> occasion where it will happen.
>
> But Mayweather has had (slight) problems
> against people who close the distance quickly
> and then fight unorthodoxly and/or
> uncomfortably with him at the ropes.
>
> However the people who did that, Maidana and to
> some extent Cotto and de la Hoya, compared to
> Mayweather they were not, but compared to
> anyone else they were all true professionals
> and well-schooled boxers since day one,
> especially Cotto and de la Hoya but I can
> include Maidana as well as the reference is now
> McGregor, not even a boxer but an MMA fighter!
>
> Knowing nothing about McGregor, I dare say in
> terms of competition, this is a show, not
> a fight.
>
> Tactics for McGregor to win: 1) Push Mayweather
> to the ropes, tripple up the jab if needed,
> otherwise just wade thru. 2) At the ropes,
> throw everything, gladly punches from other
> planets. 3) Keep it up for - is this a 10 or 12
> round fight? 4) Good luck!

As you said it is all about the money and admittedly McGregor is doing a wonderful
job at it. About the show itself, changes of him winning is close to nothing
although a very lucky punch can happen. ( one in a million ).
It will attract a lot of attention to boxing and that ain't a bad thing.

Edmund