Next <
From: Edmund <nomail@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: HW division and a financial record breaking freak show.
From: Edmund <nomail@hotmail.com>
Newsgroups: rec.sport.boxing
Date: Sun, 6 Aug 2017 11:01:38 -0000 (UTC)
On Sat, 05 Aug 2017 10:33:00 -0700, Juan Anonly wrote:

> On 2017-08-04 08:26:00 +0000, Edmund said:
>
>> Ok guys, finally the clinschclowns are gone ( thanks Joshua ) and Tyson Fury
>> seems to have have retired again, what do we have now?
>> Next Joshua fight will be against Pulev who also likes to hold, wrestle
>> and do anything
>> but boxing.
>> It still won't help him much against Joshua I guess and it could be
>> entertaining for as long
>> as it lasts.
>
> I'm waiting for the eventual Joshua / Wilder fight.

Me too but a mandatory Ortiz fight will come first and Joshua have to
win that fight first.
I don't think that any of the annoying clinchclowns have fought Ortiz
and I wonder why. ( I don't )

> when I was a kid heavyweights, lead by Ali, dominated the scene. I
> liked to watch heavyweights then, but I don't much any more.  So
> frequently they have limited skills and just throw wild punches, and
> worse, some of them can take them.  It makes me wonder whether they'll
> ever talk to their grand children.

We -you and me - are at least lucky enough to have seen Ali and Tyson,
so it can take quite some time before such a talent show up again.
I am so glad Joshua put and end to the last boring clinchclown and hope to
see a few real boxing -other then wrestling- matches in the near future.

>> Then we get a none boxer, a lightweight!! who managed to brag himself
>> into a huge financial
>> encounter with Mayweather, well done McGregor.
>> What do you guys thinks of this?
>
> It's just BS to make money, nothing more, nothing less.  I'll read
> about it in the paper.  I know a lot of fight fans are adamant that
> McGregor doesn't belong in the ring with him, because he's not a boxer.
>  That's fine, but I'm not getting suckered into a conversation about
> nothing.  P.T. Barnum would have been delighted to have a piece of this
> action.

Edmund