From: Nunya Bidnits <kc@burntup.ends>
Subject: Better and better!
Full headers:
From: Nunya Bidnits <kc@burntup.ends>
Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.kc-chiefs
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2017 15:46:34 -0600
https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2017/9/28/16380010/the-chiefs-are-pro...

The Kansas City Chiefs are looking like one of the two best teams in the
NFL along with the Atlanta Falcons. If you ask Andy Reid, he probably
would tell you that he expected his team to play well and other players
will say they knew their potential. They’ll say they’re not surprised
they’re looking this good.

That may all be true but I think the evidence supports the idea that the
Chiefs are currently much better than anyone in the front office thought
they would be.

The evidence being, as Nick Wright pointed out Amateur Hour (listen
above), that just a few months before the season, the Chiefs traded away
two first round picks for a guy who (ideally) won’t play this year. If
you think you have a team that is this good and is this close, do you do
that? Maybe not.

I know we spent all summer talking about whether a true contending team
goes out and spends two first round picks on a guy who won’t play. Now
seeing how the Chiefs started, that question looks a little different now.

The reason the Chiefs can spend two first rounders on a guy who won’t
play and still be fine is because the guy you picked in the third round
is the MVP of September. So, the takeaway here is that the Chiefs should
draft more league MVP-caliber players in the third round.