From: Daniel Cook <dcook@jmb.com>
Subject: Merry Kwanzaa or whatever
Full headers:
From: "Daniel Cook" <dcook@jmb.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2018 11:23:19 +0100 (CET)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.oak-raiders,
alt.sports.football.pro.la-raiders, dc.general, nc.general, tn.general
If you didn't know better you might think that the word
Christmas was the dirtiest of dirty words and one not worthy of
being uttered in public. Salvation Army bell ringers with their
red kettles, Christmas carols, colored lights and Christmas
trees are now increasingly considered to be "controversial."
Celebration of the 'holidays' abound but to actually spot the
word Christmas is increasingly rare and worthy of notice. Both
corporate America and government institutions have abandoned the
spiritual, cultural and traditional celebrations of Christmas.

Instead, the Winter Holiday PC police prowl the nation
threatening public schools who might dare to have red and green
napkins at their annual holiday party during the Winter Break.
Anything that might remotely trigger the word Christmas or
conjure up images of a baby in a manger has become a target ripe
for extermination. No longer are we treated to Merry Christmas
at retailers but are forced to settle for a vague Happy Holidays
as we rush to pick up our 'holiday tree' at the local haven of
mass consumption. Of course, it would appear that the fact that
the word holiday is a shortened version of holy day has escaped
those seeking to purify the public spaces from the evils of
Christianity. Just wait until they figure out that the fat,
jolly man in the red suit is loosely associated with a 4th
century bishop and saint. What a mess that will turn out to be.

But not only do our liberal masters demand the dilution of our
current Christmas celebrations but the reverent celebration and
commemoration of entirely new holidays to help replace it.

The following incident below took place a few years ago but I
believe it is one worth sharing.

My business banked with Wells Fargo so I visited the local
branch on a daily basis. As the formerly Christmas season was
upon us they had put up some very generic signs up about the
holidays in 'non-Christmas colors' and then had a big sign
talking about Wells Fargo's commitment to the seven principles
of Kwanzaa. There are no references to Christmas whatsoever and
the usual salute to the relatively minor Jewish holiday of
Hanukkah was noticeably absent.

When I spoke with one of the tellers and mentioned their lack of
Christmas references she proudly pointed out a newly erected
Christmas tree as their commitment to Christmas. It was slowly
and patiently explained to me that Kwanzaa is a 'cultural'
holiday and not a religious one so it's 'ok' for them to refer
to it by name. She then proceeded to tell me about a number of
complaints from customers that they had received in regards to
their primary focus on Kwanzaa. Apparently, I was not the only
one who remembered the reason for the season and what holiday
the vast majority of Americans actually celebrate.

You have really got to hand it to those public relations experts
at Wells Fargo. What a bunch of spineless, politically correct
dolts. I wonder if they are aware that the founder of Kwanzaa
rejected Christmas and believed that blacks shouldn't celebrate
a "white man's holiday?" I, for one, proudly saluted Well's
Fargo Bank for performing exhaustive research in preparation for
the annual 'Christmas controversy.'

So as I returned to my local Wells Fargo bank the following day
the Kwanzaa sign had been removed and I asked again if there had
been some complaints. At this the teller stated that they were
tired of the complaints and then she rather icily informed me
that mine "had been the last straw." Apparently Wells Fargo had
not appreciated my informal research into the acceptance of
Kwanzaa by the general public. And my earlier politely stated,
but pointed complaint about this anti-white holiday designed by
a neo-Marxist, celebrating black nationalism, and crafted to
help diminish the Jewish-Christian heritage of this country was
just enough to tip the balance. Chalk one up for Christmas.

Some may say that at best we may gain only small, paltry
victories in our opposition to the gangs of grinches. The fact
that there is a "Christmas controversy" at all reflects the
spiteful vision and hateful pettiness of those who tirelessly
toil to remove every vestige of Christianity, and religion in
general, from the sight and sound of the average citizen. The
concept that in this great country we have the freedom of
religion, not the freedom from religion, seems to elude them.
And so every victory in regards to this battle, whether big or
small, is a sweet and important victory indeed.

So what is one to do but to personally take a few small, but
courageous, steps to help fight off the stifling cultural
tyranny by those who so desperately seek to drive Christ from
Christmas. By standing up for principle, individually and
collectively, the good guys might just win one once in a while.

"People think it's African, but it's not. I came up with Kwanzaa
because black people wouldn't celebrate it if they knew it was
American. Also, I put it around Christmas because I knew that's
when a lot of Bloods were partying."