From: a425couple <a425couple@hotmail.com>
Subject: Ouch! CBS makes a cruel comment -
Full headers:
From: a425couple <a425couple@hotmail.com>
Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.sf-49ers,alt.sports.football.pro.sea-seahawks,alt.sports.football.nfl,alt.sports.football.pro.ny-jets,alt.sports.football.pro.ne-patriots
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2017 08:23:09 -0700
Ouch!  CBS makes a cruel comment -
the bit about,
"The NFL goes to great lengths to protect
quarterbacks because without them the game devolves into
pretty much what we see from the Browns' offense every week."

OUCH!!  MEAN!!

the rest is from:
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/kiko-alonso-no-way-to-avoid-dange...

Dolphins' Kiko Alonso: 'No way' to avoid dangerous, illegal hit to
sliding Joe Flacco
Flacco was concussed on the play and had to leave the game
      Ryan Wilson
  mugshot by Ryan Wilson
  @ryanwilson_07
1h ago • 1 min read

The NFL goes to great lengths to protect quarterbacks because without
them the game devolves into pretty much what we see from the Browns'
offense every week. But football is also played by some of the fastest,
strongest, most well-conditioned athletes on the planet, which means the
game moves at astonishing speed and sometimes what looks avoidable upon
a second, super slow-motion viewing, was inescapable in real time.
That's what Dolphins linebacker Kiko Alonso is saying in the aftermath
of his brutal, dangerous and ultimately illegal hit on Ravens
quarterback Joe Flacco during the second quarter of Thursday night's game.

  Follow
Will Brinson ✔@WillBrinson
Omg Joe Flacco. Toss kiko for that.
6:40 PM - Oct 26, 2017
  307 307 Replies   2,080 2,080 Retweets   3,490 3,490 likes
Twitter Ads info and privacy
Afterward, Alonso said there was "no way" he could have avoided the hit.
"When a guy slides, the target is very small. I just think it [Flacco's
slide] was a second late, which is why I hit him, to be honest with you,
"the linebacker explained, via ESPN.com's Jamison Hensley. "At first I
was anticipating I thought he was going to slide. And then it got to a
point where I was like, 'I got to him,' because he slid too late."
That's debatable. And it doesn't help Alonso's case that he led with his
forearm to the side of Flacco's head.
AD BY EMIRATES
Hello Tomorrow: Fly Emirates
.
Not surprisingly, Flacco's teammates and coaches were incensed; seconds
after the hit, offensive lineman Ryan Jensen knocked Alonso to the
ground and coach John Harbaugh was screaming in Alonso's face before an
official intervened. During the postgame press conference Harbaugh
wouldn't comment on whether he thought Alonso should have been ejected.
"That's not for me to say," Harbaugh said. "It's a fair question. Put it
that way." He added that "It was penalized correctly."
While Alonso wasn't ejected he could be facing a suspension, even if, in
his mind, he couldn't avoid blasting Flacco in the head.
"I thought it was a dirty play, personally," Ravens wide receiver Jeremy
Maclin said. "I don't think Kiko's a dirty player, but I thought that
particular play was dirty."
     Ryan Wilson
  mugshot
Ryan Wilson
CBS Sports Writer
FOLLOW
Ryan Wilson has been an NFL writer for CBS Sports since June 2011, and
he's covered five Super Bowls in that time. Ryan previously worked at
AOL's FanHouse from start to finish, and Football Outsiders... FULL BIO

6 COMMENTS

AROUND THE WEB