From: a425couple <a425couple@hotmail.com>
Subject: Cowboys cut Damontre Moore, who raised fist at end of anthem
Full headers:
From: a425couple <a425couple@hotmail.com>
Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.sf-49ers,alt.sports.football.pro.sea-seahawks
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2017 08:44:33 -0700
Cowboys cut Damontre Moore, who raised fist at end of anthem
New York Daily News
ARI GILBERG
Oct 26th 2017 12:40PM

If Damontre Moore wants to continue his national anthem protest, he'll
have to do so with a new team.

The Cowboys released Moore in order to make room to sign kicker Mike
Nugent, the team announced Wednesday.

Cowboys owner Jerry Jones has publicly stated he believes all players
should stand for the anthem and recently said he believes anthem protest
are hurting the NFL.

While no Cowboys player has kneeled or sat during the anthem, Moore was
one of two players who continued to raise his fist at the conclusion of
the national anthem in recent weeks after Jones previously talked to
players and explained his feelings on the matter.

Jason Garrett said the issue of cutting Moore was strictly a football
decision.

"We had to make a roster move and we just felt like the best decision
for our team was to release Damontre Moore," Garrett told reporters, per
Pro Football Talk.

Garrett simply answered "no" when asked if the decision to cut Moore had
anything to do with his post-national anthem protest or his recent
off-the-field incident.

https://www.aol.com/article/news/2017/10/26/cowboys-cut-damontre-moo...