From: FPP <fredp151@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Chuck Todd: Roy Moore doesn't seem to believe in theConstitution, he believes rights come from God
Full headers:
From: FPP <fredp151@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,alt.journalism,alt.news-media
Subject: Re: Chuck Todd: Roy Moore doesnt seem to believe in the
Constitution, he believes rights come from God
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2017 18:27:00 -0400
On 9/29/17 11:14 AM, BTR1701 wrote:
> In article <oqlccv$p4c$4@dont-email.me>,
>  Ubiquitous<weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
>
>> There are dozens of easy points one can score on Moore for fringe
>> beliefs but this is what MSNBC's leading with, huh? What percentage
>> of Americans believe the Bill of Rights recognizes human rights
>> granted by God rather than "creates" those rights? 80%, maybe?
>
>> Chuck Todd: Roy Moore doesn't seem to believe in the
>> Constitution, he believes rights come from God
>
> So did the Founders, which they made clear in the Declaration:
>
>     We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are
>     created equal, that they are ENDOWED BY THEIR CREATOR with
>     certain unalienable Rights...

Roy Moore doesn't believe that.  He believes in the Christian God,
specifically.
Note that the founders deliberately left it as a vague, possibly
spiritual belief.

Any other interpretation, and you can argue that they were talking about
Cthulhu...
--
White House: "Don't call it Trumpcare." 3-8-17
"How bad does something have to be, that Donald Trump doesn't want to