From: A Friend <nope@noway.com>
Subject: Re: Oh, well, I was tired of hearing about Puerto Rico anyway
Full headers:
Date: Mon, 02 Oct 2017 17:34:57 -0400
From: A Friend <nope@noway.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,alt.news-media
In article<anim8rfsk-22D28B.12345802102017@news.easynews.com>,
anim8rfsk<anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

> In article<atropos-7B42A5.11400702102017@news.giganews.com>,
>  BTR1701<atropos@mac.com> wrote:
>
> > In article<BLadndRLzPdM60_EnZ2dnUU7-L_NnZ2d@supernews.com>,
> >  "Byker" <byker@do~rag.net> wrote:
> >
> > > Now the MSM will give every gun-grabber in the country a soapbox...
> > >
> > > ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
> > > -
> > > --
> > > ---
> > > CBS Legal Exec: No Sympathy For Vegas "Because Country Music Fans Often
> > > Are
> > > Republican"
> > >
> > > WILL RICCIARDELLA
> > > 11:14 AM 10/02/2017
> > >
> > > A top legal executive at CBS, Hayley Geftman-Gold, said she "is not
> > > even sympathetic" for the victims of the shooting at a country music
> > > festival at Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas Sunday night.
> > >
> > > "If they wouldn't do anything when children were murdered I have no
> > > hope that Repugs will ever do the right thing," wrote Geftman-Gold
> > > on Facebook, perhaps referring to Sandy Hook. "I'm actually not even
> > > sympathetic bc country music fans often are Republican gun toters."
> > >
> > > CBS has a history of hostility towards Republicans. Shortly after
> > > the attack on the GOP congressional baseball team gravely injuring
> > > Louisiana Rep. Steve Scalise in June, former CBS anchor Scott Pelley
> > > questioned whether the shooting was "foreseeable, predictable and
> > > to some degree, self-inflicted".
> > >
> > > The original thread was deleted, but not by Geftman-Gold.
> > >
> > > CBS did not immediately respond to The Daily Caller News Foundation
> > > for comment.
> > >

> > > http://dailycaller.com/2017/10/02/cbs-legal-exec-no-sympathy-becaus...
> > > ry
> > > -m
> > > usic-fans-often-are-republican/
> >
> > She's a leftist, so the most she'll have to do is issue the standard
> > non-apology apology.
> >
> > Not "I'm sorry for what I said," but something along the lines of, "I'm
> > sorry if anyone was offended by what I said.
>
> Join the CBS boycott.  Today.
>
> Hey!  They fired the bitch!!!
>
> http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2017/10/02/top-cbs-lawyer-no-s...
> y-for-vegas-vics-probably-republicans.html

I'd have fired her, too.  She's an idiot.  The first part of what she
said ("If they wouldn't do anything when children were murdered I have
no hope that Repugs will ever do the right thing") is fair game,
whether one agrees with it or not.  The rest of it ("I'm actually not
even sympathetic bc country music fans often are Republican gun
toters") is despicable garbage.