Subject: Re: The Best Blackjack Basic Strategy
On Saturday, October 28, 2017 at 11:56:26 AM UTC-4, Michael Brennan wrote:
> The Doctor in Blackjackology
No doubt, this best (and FREE) blackjack basic strategy hit a grand-slam! It ruffled some feathers
alright. But the main point is: Many would-be BJ players realized they were fooled by other
strategies — and they had to pay for them! There are listings on Amazon, with “colored blackjack
strategy cards” that sell for some $20 a pop!
This free strategy is also much easier to memorize as it does NOT require letters. The color-coded
cards here are based on one COLOR: RED for MAIN ACTION: ‘Pair Splitting, ‘Doubling Down’,
The player gets his/her first two cards.
1) Are the two cards forming a PAIR?
• A = Yes; if the color is RED on the ‘Split’ coded card, then SPLIT the hand
• (Blackjack ‘Pairs Splitting’ Basic Strategy Card)
• B = No; move quickly to case-scenario 2)
2) Are the two cards a DOUBLE DOWN combination (e.g. sum up to 9, 10, 11)?
• A = Yes; if the color is RED on the ‘Double’ strategy card, then DOUBLE DOWN the hand
• (Blackjack ‘Double Down’ Basic Strategy Card)
• B = No; move quickly to case-scenario 3)
3) If 1) or 2) above did NOT apply, the player must make a final decision
• A = If the color is RED on the ‘Hit/Stand’ colored card, then HIT the hand (i.e. DRAW
another blackjack card)
• (Blackjack ‘Hit or Stand’ Basic Strategy Card)
• B = If the color is grayed out, the player STANDS.
Of course, you can always learn the best basic strategy GLOBALLY by reinforcing the instructions on
the main blackjack strategy page:
(The Best Blackjack Basic Strategy: Split Pairs, Double Down, Hit or Stand — All BJ Decisions in
Founder of Gambling Mathematics
The Best Blackjack Player in History