From: EGK <me@privacy.net>
Subject: Re: John Hillerman ("Magnum, P.I.") dead at 84
Full headers:
From: EGK <me@privacy.net>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 09 Nov 2017 19:55:22 -0500
On Thu, 9 Nov 2017 18:46:47 -0600, "Jim G."<jimgysin@geemail.com.invalid>
wrote:

>David sent the following on 11/09/2017 at 05:15 PM:
>> http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/john-hillerman-dead-magnum-pi...
>>
>> John Hillerman, Higgins on 'Magnum, P.I.,' Dies at 84
>> by Duane Byrge , Mike Barnes
>>
>> John Hillerman, the actor who made a career out of playing snooty
>> types, including Tom Selleck's fastidious estate caretaker Jonathan
>> Quayle Higgins III on Magnum, P.I., died Thursday. He was 84.
>>
>> Hillerman, who received four Emmy nominations in consecutive years for
>> portraying Higgins and won in 1987, died at his home in Houston,
>> family spokeswoman Lori De Waal told the Associated Press. She said
>> the cause of death had not been determined.
>
>Well, crap. I'll have to watch one of my Magnum faves and have a glass
>of Scotch in his honor tonight.

I'd recommend one of the best Higgins-centric episodes

Letter to a Duchess
While Magnum prepares for an annual surf-ski race, Higgins has his hands
full hiding the beautiful Lady Wilkerson from two shady pursuers. Smitten by
the maiden in distress, Higgins sends her a letter expressing his feelings,
but she mistakenly thinks the amorous words are from Magnum. It quickly
becomes a case of romance on the run when the duchess is kidnapped and the
two "Romeos" must spring into action to save her.