From: J.B. Nicholson <jbn@forestfield.org>
Subject: Re: "Parks and Recreation" creator regrets hiring Louis C.K.
Full headers:
From: "J.B. Nicholson" <jbn@forestfield.org>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2017 02:36:27 +0000 (UTC)
David<dimlan17@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Parks and Recreation creator Mike Schur has apologized for including
> Louis C.K. in episodes of the NBC sitcom. “I don’t remember
> when I heard the rumors about him,” Schur tweeted minutes after a
> New York Times exposé detailed two decades of C.K.’s alleged
> misconduct. “But I’m sure it was before the last time he was
> on Parks and Rec. And that sucks. And I’m sorry.”

Is Parks and Recreation in reruns now or is it being syndicated?
Perhaps this apology is published to try and prevent the show from
going from a valuable syndication title to being something large
syndicators dare not run lest it give rise to widely-spread social
media complaints. Maybe they can stem the tide by giving the credits
the old Weinstein treatment -- they kept the raw footage and can hire
a post house to lay down some new credit sequences minus any mention
of Louis C.K., right? Because history begins now.

How is The Cosby Show doing in re-runs?

"I don't remember when I heard the rumors about him", "tweeted minutes
after a New York Times exposé detailed two decades of C.K.'s alleged
misconduct", and insisting "it was before the last time he was on
Parks and Rec." all seem consistent with this explanation.

http://www.ismyshowcancelled.com/article/2017-10-19/better-things-r...
claimed back in the heady days of October 19, 2017 that Better Things
(which is "created by Pamela Adlon and Louis C.K.") "will return in
2018". Any bets on this still being true over the next few weeks? Or
is it time to pay off C.K. in exchange for scrubbing the credits.

Is Pamela Adlon one of the women who C.K. asked about watching him
masturbate? If so, was she one of the women who responded by laughing
or one who said no and he desisted? Perhaps the woman who says she
heard him masturbate over the phone?

And to think these are the among the people who deigned to tell
Americans how to vote on the basis of feminism (C.K. would "take her
[Clinton] over anybody"[1] because America needs a "tough bitch
mother" in the White House[2]), and that we were simply not to be
taken seriously if we didn't follow their instructions. There were
sexual misconduct accusations against her husband and her for
threatening the women Bill Clinton allegedly mistreated if those women
spoke out in objection to being mistreated. These days, Hollywood
tells us accusations are sufficient to justify big decisions.

[1]
http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/tv/showtracker/la-et-st-louis-...

[2] http://www.indiewire.com/2016/11/louis-ck-hillary-clinton-president...