From: anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
Subject: Re: John Hillerman ("Magnum, P.I.") dead at 84
Full headers:
From: anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 09 Nov 2017 19:48:24 -0700
In article <ou2uke$10j$1@dont-email.me>,
 "Jim G."<jimgysin@geemail.com.invalid> wrote:

> anim8rfsk sent the following on 11/09/2017 at 07:00 PM:
> > In article <ou2stn$m25$3@dont-email.me>,
> >   "Jim G."<jimgysin@geemail.com.invalid> wrote:
> >
> >> David sent the following on 11/09/2017 at 05:15 PM:

> >> Well, crap. I'll have to watch one of my Magnum faves and have a glass
> >> of Scotch in his honor tonight.
> >
> > But which?  One of the Higgin's brothers eps?
>
> Nah. Those were never favorites of mine.
>
> > He has some good scenes in Digger Doyle, plus, Erin Gray, shorts, extra
> > Ferrari.
>
> Yeah, that one's good. Feeling obsolete was classic Higgins. And Magnum
> carrying him up all of those steps while he druggedly rambles on was
> great. And, as you say, Digger.
>
> > He gets the last word in the finale IIRC.
> >
> > MPI isn't on The Netflix.  I might have to settle for AT LONG LAST LOVE
> > (the extended length road show version of course) ...
> >
> > Every season is on The Amazon Prime!  And every episode is ... not
> > available.  Rat bastards.
>
> On the Magnum front, I'm probably gonna go with "Black on White" from
> Season Three. Some good Higgins backstory -- he recommended courtmartial
> for everyone, including himself -- and all of the guys are involved in
> one way or another, as well, even if TC *did* get conned into tearing up
> all of those gas receipts in the end. Heh. And they try to pull one over
> on Higgins, but this time it's for a good cause. And Ian McShane in an
> early role (and the far better of his two appearances on the show). And
> most of all, just a really good story about what war can do to a person.

I considered that, but I remember it too clearly.

The Dark Web is providing me with something from each season.  There's
actually an episode Higgins isn't in!  Probably not appropriate for this.

So far I've grabbed
Digger Doyle
Tropical Madness - Thomas and Higgy quarrel over a visiting girl
Pleasure Principle - Thomas and Higgy switch personalities
Legend of the Lost Art - the classic with Margaret Colin and The Hat

On the way are Letter to a Duchess (which is not the one with Jessica 6)
and at least one of those B&W noir eps

--
Join your old RAT friends at
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1688985234647266/