From: thinbluemime2 <thinbluemime2@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Terry Gross - NPR - Bitcoin
Full headers:
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2017 18:51:23 -0800 (PST)
From: thinbluemime2@gmail.com
On Thursday, November 9, 2017 at 8:06:41 PM UTC-5, Ubiquitous wrote:
> thinbluemime2@gmail.com wrote:
>
> >Once An Underground Currency, Bitcoin Emerges As 'A New Way To Track Information'
> >November 9, 2017 Terry Gross
>
>https://www.npr.org/2017/11/09/563050434/once-an-underground-currenc...
> >https://ondemand.npr.org/anon.npr-mp3/npr/fa/2017/11/20171109_fa_01....
> >
> >The digital currency's value has gone from zero to $120 billion in nine years. Digital Gold
author Nathaniel Popper says major banks are looking into the possibilities of its decentralized
network.
> >TERRY GROSS, HOST:
> >This is FRESH AIR. I'm Terry Gross. There's so much I have to learn each day in preparation for
interviews that when I don't absolutely have to know something, I sometimes give myself permission
not to learn about it
> >So we're going to talk about what bitcoin is and how it's used in the underground and legit
marketplaces, how it's become a vehicle for investors and how big banks are starting to copy it.
> >My guest, Nathaniel Popper, is a technology reporter for The New York Times who's been covering
digital currency. A couple of years ago he wrote a book about bitcoin called "Digital Gold."
Nathaniel Popper, welcome t

> And you posted this off-topic article here because?

I pay my cable bill with bitcoins earned over the internet and a server farm.

What's in your wallet?