From: EGK <me@privacy.net>
Subject: Re: John Hillerman ("Magnum, P.I.") dead at 84
Full headers:
From: EGK <me@privacy.net>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 09 Nov 2017 22:36:58 -0500
On Thu, 09 Nov 2017 19:48:24 -0700, anim8rfsk<anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

>In article <ou2uke$10j$1@dont-email.me>,
> "Jim G."<jimgysin@geemail.com.invalid> wrote:
>
>> anim8rfsk sent the following on 11/09/2017 at 07:00 PM:

>> > But which?  One of the Higgin's brothers eps?
>>
>> Nah. Those were never favorites of mine.
>>
>> > He has some good scenes in Digger Doyle, plus, Erin Gray, shorts, extra
>> > Ferrari.
>>
>> Yeah, that one's good. Feeling obsolete was classic Higgins. And Magnum
>> carrying him up all of those steps while he druggedly rambles on was
>> great. And, as you say, Digger.
>>
>> > He gets the last word in the finale IIRC.
>> >
>> > MPI isn't on The Netflix.  I might have to settle for AT LONG LAST LOVE
>> > (the extended length road show version of course) ...
>> >
>> > Every season is on The Amazon Prime!  And every episode is ... not
>> > available.  Rat bastards.
>>
>> On the Magnum front, I'm probably gonna go with "Black on White" from
>> Season Three. Some good Higgins backstory -- he recommended courtmartial
>> for everyone, including himself -- and all of the guys are involved in
>> one way or another, as well, even if TC *did* get conned into tearing up
>> all of those gas receipts in the end. Heh. And they try to pull one over
>> on Higgins, but this time it's for a good cause. And Ian McShane in an
>> early role (and the far better of his two appearances on the show). And
>> most of all, just a really good story about what war can do to a person.
>
>I considered that, but I remember it too clearly.
>
>The Dark Web is providing me with something from each season.  There's
>actually an episode Higgins isn't in!  Probably not appropriate for this.
>
>So far I've grabbed
>Digger Doyle
>Tropical Madness - Thomas and Higgy quarrel over a visiting girl
>Pleasure Principle - Thomas and Higgy switch personalities
>Legend of the Lost Art - the classic with Margaret Colin and The Hat
>
>On the way are Letter to a Duchess (which is not the one with Jessica 6)
>and at least one of those B&W noir eps

I'm watching the show's pilot episode right now.   Watching Magnum PI always
makes me feel both happy and sad at the same time.  I used to watch it
sometimes with my best friend at that time.  He died of Cancer in 1987 just
so it was just a year before the series ended.   I have some nice memories
watching that show with him.

One of my favorite episodes is Season 3, episode 13, Of Sound Mind where
Magnum inherits 50 million dollars and a mansion complete with butler.