From: Obveeus <Obveeus@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Amazon's "Good Girls Revolt" seeing renewed interest in return
Full headers:
From: Obveeus <Obveeus@aol.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2017 23:07:28 -0500
On 11/9/2017 7:10 PM, David wrote:

http://deadline.com/2017/11/good-girls-revolt-tv-series-season-2-co...

> ‘Good Girls Revolt’ TV Series Eyes Season 2 Comeback As Its Relevance
> Rises
> by Nellie Andreeva
>
> Almost a year after it was canceled by Amazon after one season,
> feminist period drama Good Girls Revolt may be coming back. I hear
> Sony Pictures TV Studios, whose TriStar Television division produced
> the series, is preparing a pitch for a new season that would go out
> shortly.
>
> While Sony TV is known for going the extra mile on saving its shows,
> this time Good Girls Revolt is been resurrected by popular demand. The
> series, which tackles gender equality sexual discrimination in the
> workplace, emerged as an unlikely poster child in the current
> crackdown on sexual harassment in Hollywood, which started with the
> demise of Fox News’ Roger Ailes and Bill O’Reilly and switched into
> high gear with the Harvey Weinstein scandal.
>
> Good Girls Revolt had been canceled by discarded Amazon boss Roy
> Price. So when he was recently axed in the wake of the Harvey
> Weinstein exposes over accusations of sexual harassment toward a
> female producer, Good Girls Revolt started trending on social media.
> The series’ creator, Dana Calvo and stars were interviewed for
> stories, and a grassroots movement started to revive the show.
>
> The buzz reached TV and streaming networks, and I hear Sony TV started
> fielding incoming calls, with multiple outlets interested in picking
> up Good Girls Revolt

When I watched the pilot episode, it certainly looked like a series
worth watching.  That being said, the high IMDB score (8.2) is reflected
by a miniscule 3,492 votes...indicating little interest in the show
actually existed.  The fact that the revival folks have spun the issue
into one claiming that sexism at Amazon is the reason for the show's
cancellation is silly.  The show was canceled due to lack of viewership
and trying to claim otherwise is rather opportunistic dirty pool.