From: anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
Subject: Re: John Hillerman ("Magnum, P.I.") dead at 84
Full headers:
From: anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 09 Nov 2017 21:30:09 -0700
In article<5v6a0dl8sjs531fgb2jpe96d0i1n82s1fj@4ax.com>,
 EGK<me@privacy.net> wrote:

> On Thu, 09 Nov 2017 19:48:24 -0700, anim8rfsk<anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>
> >In article <ou2uke$10j$1@dont-email.me>,
> > "Jim G."<jimgysin@geemail.com.invalid> wrote:
> >
> >> anim8rfsk sent the following on 11/09/2017 at 07:00 PM:

> >> Nah. Those were never favorites of mine.

> >> Yeah, that one's good. Feeling obsolete was classic Higgins. And Magnum
> >> carrying him up all of those steps while he druggedly rambles on was
> >> great. And, as you say, Digger.

> >> On the Magnum front, I'm probably gonna go with "Black on White" from
> >> Season Three. Some good Higgins backstory -- he recommended courtmartial
> >> for everyone, including himself -- and all of the guys are involved in
> >> one way or another, as well, even if TC *did* get conned into tearing up
> >> all of those gas receipts in the end. Heh. And they try to pull one over
> >> on Higgins, but this time it's for a good cause. And Ian McShane in an
> >> early role (and the far better of his two appearances on the show). And
> >> most of all, just a really good story about what war can do to a person.
> >
> >I considered that, but I remember it too clearly.
> >
> >The Dark Web is providing me with something from each season.  There's
> >actually an episode Higgins isn't in!  Probably not appropriate for this.
> >
> >So far I've grabbed
> >Digger Doyle
> >Tropical Madness - Thomas and Higgy quarrel over a visiting girl
> >Pleasure Principle - Thomas and Higgy switch personalities
> >Legend of the Lost Art - the classic with Margaret Colin and The Hat
> >
> >On the way are Letter to a Duchess (which is not the one with Jessica 6)
> >and at least one of those B&W noir eps
>
> I'm watching the show's pilot episode right now.   Watching Magnum PI always
> makes me feel both happy and sad at the same time.  I used to watch it
> sometimes with my best friend at that time.  He died of Cancer in 1987 just
> so it was just a year before the series ended.   I have some nice memories
> watching that show with him.

:)

I watched them all with Mom, gave her all the DVDs (have them packed
down someplace) and her sister was a huge Selleck fan and we gave her
MPI stuff every Xmas.  I'm still friends and correspond with Bev from
Hawai'i who I met here in RAT.  For her last birthday I have her a
ROBIN1 license plate for her wall.  :D

> One of my favorite episodes is Season 3, episode 13, Of Sound Mind where
> Magnum inherits 50 million dollars and a mansion complete with butler.

Is that the one where they have the costume party and somebody's Zorro?

--
Join your old RAT friends at
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1688985234647266/