From: Obveeus <Obveeus@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Amazon's "Good Girls Revolt" seeing renewed interest in return
From: Obveeus <Obveeus@aol.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2017 23:38:46 -0500
On 11/9/2017 11:26 PM, David wrote:
> On Thu, 9 Nov 2017 23:07:28 -0500, Obveeus<Obveeus@aol.com> wrote:
>
>> When I watched the pilot episode, it certainly looked like a series
>> worth watching.  That being said, the high IMDB score (8.2) is reflected
>> by a miniscule 3,492 votes...indicating little interest in the show
>> actually existed.  The fact that the revival folks have spun the issue
>> into one claiming that sexism at Amazon is the reason for the show's
>> cancellation is silly.  The show was canceled due to lack of viewership
>> and trying to claim otherwise is rather opportunistic dirty pool.
>
> Amazon premiered it on October 28th and canceled it on December 2nd.
> That seems odd. I'm certain no other streaming show has ever been
> canceled that quickly.

Likely, that is simply a coincidence of timing as it was also around the
time that Amazon started trying to change direction (looking to find
wide audience shows rather than niche shows...or at least looking to axe
a lot of underwatched shows).  HAND OF GOD was axed before the second
season aired.  MAD DOGS got a fairly quick axe as well, though not as
quick as GOOD GIRLS REVOLT.  THE LAST TYCOON was canceled just as fast
as GOOD GIRLS REVOLT.  CRISIS IN SIX SCENES was canceled before it ever
aired.