From: anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
Subject: Re: John Hillerman ("Magnum, P.I.") dead at 84
Full headers:
From: anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 09 Nov 2017 22:02:38 -0700
In article<khba0d9t2mjbnsa831hgcsfvpvl5dhslhs@4ax.com>,
 EGK<me@privacy.net> wrote:

> On Thu, 09 Nov 2017 21:30:09 -0700, anim8rfsk<anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>
> >In article<5v6a0dl8sjs531fgb2jpe96d0i1n82s1fj@4ax.com>,
> > EGK<me@privacy.net> wrote:

> >> I'm watching the show's pilot episode right now.   Watching Magnum PI
> >> always
> >> makes me feel both happy and sad at the same time.  I used to watch it
> >> sometimes with my best friend at that time.  He died of Cancer in 1987
> >> just
> >> so it was just a year before the series ended.   I have some nice memories
> >> watching that show with him.
> >
> >:)
> >
> >I watched them all with Mom, gave her all the DVDs (have them packed
> >down someplace) and her sister was a huge Selleck fan and we gave her
> >MPI stuff every Xmas.  I'm still friends and correspond with Bev from
> >Hawai'i who I met here in RAT.  For her last birthday I have her a
> >ROBIN1 license plate for her wall.  :D
> >>
> >> One of my favorite episodes is Season 3, episode 13, Of Sound Mind where
> >> Magnum inherits 50 million dollars and a mansion complete with butler.
> >
> >Is that the one where they have the costume party and somebody's Zorro?
>
> Yup.  I think that's the one. Magnum is dressed in knight's armor and the
> face plate keeps dropping down.  :)

Yeah.  :)

And there's the one with Kathryn Leigh Scott from DARK SHADOWS in a
bikini, in a scene that's in the previews but *not* in the episode
itself, and there doesn't seem to be any reasonable place for it to have
gone in.

--
Join your old RAT friends at
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1688985234647266/