From: Lauren Z <laurenz@zellners.com>
Subject: Re: Amazon's "Good Girls Revolt" seeing renewed interest in return
From: Lauren Z <laurenz@zellners.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2017 11:55:02 -0000 (UTC)
On Thu, 09 Nov 2017 23:38:46 -0500, Obveeus wrote:

> Likely, that is simply a coincidence of timing as it was also around the
> time that Amazon started trying to change direction (looking to find
> wide audience shows rather than niche shows...

Trying to compete with NBC, ABC, HBO, etc. with "wide audience" seems to
be counter to the idea of newer delivery systems ie: Amazon etc..

>or at least looking to axe
> a lot of underwatched shows).

But loyal viewers.

Again, this seems counter to your goals and the whole point of alternate
delivery v. traditional broadcast outlets and systems.

>  HAND OF GOD was axed before the second
> season aired.

Big mistake. I loved that one.

>  MAD DOGS got a fairly quick axe as well, though not as
> quick

As it should have! It never should have seen the light of day past the
pilot, which even that was crap.

> as GOOD GIRLS REVOLT.

I enjoyed it, and would certainly watch more. Though with the subject
matter doesn't this sort of limit you to where you go and for how long?
Since it is loosely based on actual events at some news magazine or
something.

> THE LAST TYCOON was canceled just as fast

Another great show.

> CRISIS IN SIX SCENES was canceled before it ever
> aired.

Was this not just a "mini series/special event" thing, with only 6
episodes, anyway?