From: Obveeus <Obveeus@aol.com>
Subject: Re: "Parks and Recreation" creator regrets hiring Louis C.K.
Full headers:
From: Obveeus <Obveeus@aol.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2017 10:44:03 -0500
On 11/10/2017 9:40 AM, The Horny Goat wrote:
> On Thu, 9 Nov 2017 17:59:09 -0800, Dimensional Traveler
><dtravel@sonic.net> wrote:
>
>> Honestly, we are rapidly approaching the point where a pissed off ex can
>> kill someone's career just by saying they had consensual sex with
>> someone but decided years later they didn't like it.  Going to start
>> needing NDAs just to break up with someone you are dating.
>
> And based on the Spacey affair must be kept for decades afterwards.
>
> I remember doing things 30 years ago I'd like to take back (NOT in
> this department!) but which I barely recall the details of. Guess my
> Hollywood career would be over.....there's a vast difference between
> Weinstein's misdoings and what's being accused now.

The allegation by Anthony Rapp may have put Spacey in the spotlight, but
ultimately what took out Spacey was the same as what is now getting
Louis C.K.   It is a downfall as the result of current workplace
investigations indicating a current, ongoing pattern of impropriety.

Now, as to why the current suspension / firing of these men is extending
into retroactively removing their product from the shelves...that sort
of reaction borders on mass hysteria.