From: Obveeus <Obveeus@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Amazon's "Good Girls Revolt" seeing renewed interest in return
Full headers:
From: Obveeus <Obveeus@aol.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2017 10:54:10 -0500
On 11/10/2017 10:47 AM, David wrote:
> On Thu, 9 Nov 2017 23:38:46 -0500, Obveeus<Obveeus@aol.com> wrote:

>>> Amazon premiered it on October 28th and canceled it on December 2nd.
>>> That seems odd. I'm certain no other streaming show has ever been
>>> canceled that quickly.
>>
>> Likely, that is simply a coincidence of timing as it was also around the
>> time that Amazon started trying to change direction (looking to find
>> wide audience shows rather than niche shows...or at least looking to axe
>> a lot of underwatched shows).  HAND OF GOD was axed before the second
>> season aired.  MAD DOGS got a fairly quick axe as well, though not as
>> quick as GOOD GIRLS REVOLT.  THE LAST TYCOON was canceled just as fast
>> as GOOD GIRLS REVOLT.  CRISIS IN SIX SCENES was canceled before it ever
>> aired.
>
> Okay, true. But re-reading the article I don't think they're blaming
> Roy Moore's issues,

Roy *Price* was the Amazon exec who was pushed out amid accusations of
harrassment and sexism and being friends with Weinstein and one of the
claims is that he didn't respect women so female led shows got canceled
unfairly...despite the actual track record of Amazon having lots of
female led shows.

Roy Moore is the crazy Alabama GOP politician accused of child rape by
multiple women and twice thrown off the Alabama supreme court...and
likely to win the Senate election there in a month or so.

> just making general "exec didn't like/support the
> show" comments.

....with implications that he didn't support the show (or Z: THE
BEGINNING OF EVERYTHING) because they were female oriented shows.  The
accusations seem pretty baseless.  there are other questionable events,
though, like his pushing forward with his girlfreind's show (Amazon
eventually denied his ability to approve the project, so it got picked
up by Weinstein).