From: Arthur Lipscomb <arthur@alum.calberkeley.org>
Subject: Re: What Did You Watch? 2017-11-09 (Thursday)
Full headers:
From: Arthur Lipscomb <arthur@alum.calberkeley.org>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2017 08:07:25 -0800
On 11/10/2017 5:35 AM, Obveeus wrote:
> I watched:
>
> THE ORVILLE:  This episode reminded me a bit of the original STAR TREK
> episode where flowers kept shooting love spores onto the crew.  The blue
> guy (Rob Lowe) is a sexual predator of sorts...and also turns out to be
> a liar.  In the end, I have no confidence that the two other species
> actually share DNA (even though that is exactly how I expected the
> resolution to play out) or that the blue guy was in heat the first time
> Kelly fell for him.

I was reminded a bit more of the TNG episode "The Naked Now" since that
also had people under the influence sleeping around.  Did they ever
resolved the Doctor's storyline?  The last time I saw her she was
holding the blob at gunpoint.  I don't recall seeing what happened next,
although he obviously made it to engineering.

> What did you watch?

The Blacklist - "The Endling" - The team goes after a Blacklister who
goes after one of a kind items which somehow tied into her also going
after people with a unique blood type she needs to cure her son.

The Mick - "The Haunted House" - Halloween episode.

Gotham - "Stop Hitting Yourself" - Grundy graphically shows why it's a
bad idea to get into a fight with him.  Meanwhile Penguin shows what a
nice guy he is by taking an orphan under his wing and teaching him about
friendship.  ;-)