From: Adam H. Kerman <ahk@chinet.com>
Subject: Roy Moore (was: "Parks and Recreation" creator regrets hiring Louis C.K.)
Full headers:
From: "Adam H. Kerman" <ahk@chinet.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2017 17:21:15 -0000 (UTC)
Ubiquitous<weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
>fredp151@gmail.com wrote:
>>On 11/9/17 9:36 PM, J.B. Nicholson wrote:

>>>And to think these are the among the people who deigned to tell
>>>Americans how to vote on the basis of feminism

>>Unlike, say, Roy Moore - the Republican candidate embraced by his party,
>>and probably the next US Senator.

>I have seen no evidence of that, unlike a certain ex president rapist and
>a senator who left a woman to drown in his car, but you never were very
>good with facts.

Yeah, what FPP said is a lie. Moore got the Republican nomination,
but Republican after Republican has denounced what is alleged to have
happened, carefully saying "if it's true". I haven't heard one Republican
with a national reputation say anything along the lines of, "I've known
Moore for years. He has a good reputation. Knowing him as I do, I don't
believe he could do anything close to what he was accused of."

Glancing at the news coverage, two Republicans defended Moore or at least
cast aspersions on the story: the Alabama Secretary of State and Madison
County party chairman.

Another Republican, the state auditor, said there is "just nothing
immoral or illegal" about the described encounter, comparing the assault
to Biblical marriages.

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2017/11/10/563240298/nothing...