Subject: Re: John Hillerman ("Magnum, P.I.") dead at 84
Full headers:
From: "Jim G." <jimgysin@geemail.com.invalid>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2017 16:07:01 -0600
anim8rfsk sent the following on 11/09/2017 at 11:02 PM:
> In article<khba0d9t2mjbnsa831hgcsfvpvl5dhslhs@4ax.com>,
>   EGK<me@privacy.net> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 09 Nov 2017 21:30:09 -0700, anim8rfsk<anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

>>> :)
>>>
>>> I watched them all with Mom, gave her all the DVDs (have them packed
>>> down someplace) and her sister was a huge Selleck fan and we gave her
>>> MPI stuff every Xmas.  I'm still friends and correspond with Bev from
>>> Hawai'i who I met here in RAT.  For her last birthday I have her a
>>> ROBIN1 license plate for her wall.  :D

>>> Is that the one where they have the costume party and somebody's Zorro?
>>
>> Yup.  I think that's the one. Magnum is dressed in knight's armor and the
>> face plate keeps dropping down.  :)
>
> Yeah.  :)
>
> And there's the one with Kathryn Leigh Scott from DARK SHADOWS in a
> bikini, in a scene that's in the previews but *not* in the episode
> itself, and there doesn't seem to be any reasonable place for it to have
> gone in.

The Black Orchid. At the very start of the end credits, there's also a
scene between the two sisters and Higgins at the Beach Bar (with Magnum
in the background) that's not in the episode, either.

"Captain, respectfully submit that the attractiveness of the ship's
occupant makes the rescue imperative." -- Lt. Gordon Malloy, THE ORVILLE