From: moviePig <pwallace@moviepig.com>
Subject: Re: FX axes Louis C.K. deal, drops his producer credit from shows
Full headers:
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: moviePig <pwallace@moviepig.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2017 17:21:32 -0500
On 11/10/2017 4:56 PM, David wrote:
> Statement by FX Networks and FX Productions
>
> Today, FX Networks and FX Productions are ending our association with
> Louis C.K. We are cancelling the overall deal between FX Productions
> and his production company, Pig Newton. He will no longer serve as
> executive producer or receive compensation on any of the four shows we
> were producing with him - Better Things, Baskets, One Mississippi and
> The Cops.
>
> Louis has now confirmed the truth of the reports relating to the five
> women victimized by his misconduct, which we were unaware of
> previously. As far as we know, his behavior over the past 8 years on
> all five series he has produced for FX Networks and/or FX Productions
> has been professional. However, now is not the time for him to make
> television shows. Now is the time for him to honestly address the
> women who have come forth to speak about their painful experiences, a
> process which he began today with his public statement.
>
> FX Networks and FX Productions remain committed to doing everything we
> can to ensure that all people work in an environment that is safe,
> respectful and fair, and we will continue our review of all of these
> productions to ensure that was and is the case.

Since he confessed, at least there's something akin to due process here.

Louis C.K.'s statement:

--------
I want to address the stories told to The New York Times by five women
named Abby, Rebecca, Dana, Julia who felt able to name themselves and
one who did not.

These stories are true. At the time, I said to myself that what I did
was O.K. because I never showed a woman my dick without asking first,
which is also true. But what I learned later in life, too late, is that
when you have power over another person, asking them to look at your
dick isn’t a question. It’s a predicament for them. The power I had over
these women is that they admired me. And I wielded that power
irresponsibly. I have been remorseful of my actions. And I’ve tried to
learn from them. And run from them. Now I’m aware of the extent of the
impact of my actions. I learned yesterday the extent to which I left
these women who admired me feeling badly about themselves and cautious
around other men who would never have put them in that position. I also
took advantage of the fact that I was widely admired in my and their
community, which disabled them from sharing their story and brought
hardship to them when they tried because people who look up to me didn’t
want to hear it. I didn’t think that I was doing any of that because my
position allowed me not to think about it. There is nothing about this
that I forgive myself for. And I have to reconcile it with who I am.
Which is nothing compared to the task I left them with. I wish I had
reacted to their admiration of me by being a good example to them as a
man and given them some guidance as a comedian, including because I
admired their work.

The hardest regret to live with is what you’ve done to hurt someone
else. And I can hardly wrap my head around the scope of hurt I brought
on them. I’d be remiss to exclude the hurt that I’ve brought on people
who I work with and have worked with who’s professional and personal
lives have been impacted by all of this, including projects currently in
production: the cast and crew of Better Things, Baskets, The Cops, One
Mississippi, and I Love You, Daddy. I deeply regret that this has
brought negative attention to my manager Dave Becky who only tried to
mediate a situation that I caused. I’ve brought anguish and hardship to
the people at FX who have given me so much The Orchard who took a chance
on my movie. and every other entity that has bet on me through the
years. I’ve brought pain to my family, my friends, my children and their
mother.

I have spent my long and lucky career talking and saying anything I
want. I will now step back and take a long time to listen. Thank you for
reading.
--------

--

   YOUR taste at work...