From: Obveeus <Obveeus@aol.com>
Subject: Re: "Better Things"' Pamela Adlon defends Louis C.K.
Full headers:
From: Obveeus <Obveeus@aol.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2017 19:19:54 -0500
On 11/10/2017 4:13 PM, David wrote:
> http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/pamela-adlon-talked-louis-ck-...
>
> Pamela Adlon Talked About Louis C.K. Rumors Ahead of N.Y. Times Exposé
>   by Lexy Perez
>
>   It was widely known the Times story was brewing when Adlon sat for
> the interview, so Masters felt compelled to ask about the rumors.
>
> “It hurts to read about things that people are saying about him,”
> Adlon, who stars in and serves as an executive producer alongside C.K.
> on FX's Better Things, began. "All I know is that, I know about him as
> being my partner on a show that is the opposite of any of this kind of
> horrible, negative things.”
>
> Aldon, who hasn't commented on the Times report, added on KCRW earlier
> this week: “He’s a person of integrity and he takes care of people and
> he’s an incredible collaborator and everybody that I know, knows that
> about him. He’s a good man. It’s just painful. It hurts right now,
> because people should be celebrating him, because he’s part of my
> show. We wrote the whole season together. It’s really hard and it’s
> confusing and I hate the whole thing. “

I'm glad she isn't hopping onto this particular bandwagon.

As for the writing...a couple episodes back there was the 'no means no'
segment where her character said 'no'  100+ times in a row (seemingly
trying to convince herself, not the guy) and then the guy responded with:

QUOTE:
I think that we should bone.
Mainly because I really - want to bone you right now.
....If you were just to taste my dick
:UNQUOTE

So, yes, I can believe he is writing some of this and his expertise in
crass male behavior is integral to some of the humor.

> Adlon has not responded to KCRW's request to see if she wanted to
> revise or add to her comments.

I find it disheartening that this interviewer would try to get her to
revise her comments.  Another hint that these Hollywood proceedings are
moving forward like the McCarthy hearings.