From: Obveeus <Obveeus@aol.com>
Subject: Re: FX axes Louis C.K. deal, drops his producer credit from shows
Full headers:
From: Obveeus <Obveeus@aol.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2017 19:27:56 -0500
On 11/10/2017 4:56 PM, David wrote:
> Statement by FX Networks and FX Productions
>
> Today, FX Networks and FX Productions are ending our association with
> Louis C.K. We are cancelling the overall deal between FX Productions
> and his production company, Pig Newton. He will no longer serve as
> executive producer or receive compensation on any of the four shows we
> were producing with him - Better Things, Baskets, One Mississippi and
> The Cops.

I'm still unclear on how a studio would be allowed to drop someone's
credit and deny them compensation on contracted work.  This just screams
lawsuit.

> Louis has now confirmed the truth of the reports relating to the five
> women victimized by his misconduct, which we were unaware of
> previously. As far as we know, his behavior over the past 8 years on
> all five series he has produced for FX Networks and/or FX Productions
> has been professional.

That has to be a lie.  There is no way to believe that 'everybody knew
he like to have people watch him whack off' and yet no one in charge had
any idea at all.

> However, now is not the time for him to make
> television shows. Now is the time for him to honestly address the
> women who have come forth to speak about their painful experiences, a
> process which he began today with his public statement.

Only one of the five women was truly in a work
situation/environment...the one who said yes.  The other situations were
people perhaps trying to gain favor with him so that they could gain
future work, but the lines are really blurred.

The moral of the story is:
1.  don't date coworkers...at all...ever...and I guess that is going to
be a tough lesson for much of America because there is a big percent of
the population that defines themselves by their job and cannot function
without that being part of the equation.

> FX Networks and FX Productions remain committed to doing everything we
> can to ensure that all people work in an environment that is safe,
> respectful and fair, and we will continue our review of all of these
> productions to ensure that was and is the case.

'All people' would have to include the guy who helped make the 4 TV
series he just got stripped from.  Unless they paid him off (and they
think that advanced compensation to remove his name from the credits
counts as him not being compensated) I have no idea how they won't end
up in a lawsuit.