From: anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
Subject: Re: [TCM Underground] This week on TCM Underground: Red Sonja, Tarzan, The Ape Man
Full headers:
From: anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,rec.arts.movies.past-films
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2017 20:18:35 -0700
In article <ou59r6$iu8$4@news.albasani.net>,
 "Adam H. Kerman"<ahk@chinet.com> wrote:

> TT<ascii@dprk.kp> wrote:
> >anim8rfsk kirjoitti 10.11.2017 klo 20:19:

> >> That's actually more faithful than GREYSTOKE was.
> >>

> >To my recollection that doesn't take much.
> >
> >Is the Bo version as bad as the IMDB claims at 3.3?
> >...and more importantly, does Bo show much?
>
> She rises from the water... naked. It's a full frontal shot. There's an
> energetic sex scene with O'Keeffe, and she breast feeds a chip (which I
> suppose you have to be John Derek to find erotic). Isn't she naked on
> the lion? She rolls around in his fur.

You left out the ending credits with her rolling around with the
orangutan with optical heart shapes ...

> It's still Bo Derek. You've seen her Playboy spread, which I think was
> from stills that John shot while they were in production on this movie.
> There's something off putting about the way he shoots her. He always has
> her sucking in her gut. I'm sorry, but that's how I feel.

Yep.  She always looks like she's had her floating ribs removed or
something.

And she could hang from a tree by those toes.

> I thought her more famous image in 10 from two years earlier, in that
> bathing suit, was more erotic than a lot of what her husband shot in
> this movie. Of course, John Derek had nothing to do with the photography
> in 10.
>
> Bo, giving one of the all time worst movie performances, has a
> particularly memorable scene in which O'Keeffe is unconscious and she's,
> uh, administering first aide by feeling him up, proclaiming "I've never
> touched a man before." You'll be falling down on the floor laughing,
> and that's guaranteed NOT to be erotic.

I know!  That's the worst line read in history!

"I've never, been, with-a-man, before, now I don't know if-that's-good,
or-bad"

Seriously, it's worse than David Caruso in JADE.

--
Join your old RAT friends at
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1688985234647266/