From: Obveeus <Obveeus@aol.com>
Subject: Re: "Parks and Recreation" creator regrets hiring Louis C.K.
From: Obveeus <Obveeus@aol.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2017 23:45:23 -0500
On 11/10/2017 7:58 PM, shawn wrote:
> On Fri, 10 Nov 2017 17:09:19 -0000 (UTC), "Adam H. Kerman"
><ahk@chinet.com> wrote:
>
>> Obveeus<Obveeus@aol.com> wrote:

>>> The allegation by Anthony Rapp may have put Spacey in the spotlight, but
>>> ultimately what took out Spacey was the same as what is now getting
>>> Louis C.K.   It is a downfall as the result of current workplace
>>> investigations indicating a current, ongoing pattern of impropriety.
>>
>> Another misrepresentation by obveeus. Not one of the five women accusing
>> Louis C.K. said it happened in the workplace.

It is bad enough that you, Kerman, have to constantly act like a tiny
yipping dog biting at my ankle; but if you insist on playing the
continual fool at least try not to be wrong every single time as well.

One of the allegations against Louis C.K. was from a woman on THE CHRIS
ROCK show who was propositioned by Louis C.K....writer and producer on
that show.

> That's what I don't get about the rush to avoid any connection to
> Louis C.K. While the stuff he did was a bit icky I don't recall
> anything being brought up that was illegal. It does feel like this is
> a case of overkill that is likely only happening because of the
> Weinstein originated hysteria.

I agree.  Mass hysteria...with very little logic and thought behind it
at this point.  It should be boggling people's mind that 'rapist' and
'asked for sex while in a hotel room' and even 'asked for sex while in a
bar' are being lumped into the same basket.

>> Spacey? The workplace stuff, if there was any, could have involved
>> actors at the Old Vic, but that had nothing whatsoeve to do with Anthony
>> Rapp's accusation. Even most of the Weinstein stuff isn't "workplace".

Learn some reading comprehension, Kerman.

> The problem with Rapp's accusation (and many of the accusations being
> made) is there is no way to know what actually happened or even if
> anything did happen.

According to what Rapp said, nothing happened.  Rapp said he waited in
Spacey bedroom on the bed until the party was over.  Spacey came into
the room and picked Rapp up and laid him down on the bed and Rapp said
nothing.  Then Spacey climbed on top of him and Rapp squirmed away and
left.  If that is all that happened (and it is all that Rapp said
happened), then there is no horrible crime to be outraged about.

Sure, a drunk Spacey is an icky person to have thought that this 14 year
old could be there in his bedroom for sex, but when Rapp said no, Spacey
let him leave.  Since then, additional accusations have come out that
Space was having consensual sex with another 14 year old the previous
year who solicited him for sex in the local park.  Also, information has
come out that Spacey's dad was a child molester (at least to Spacey's
brother).  The end result is that Spacey has led a cringeworthy life.

> If you get enough people (for some definition of
> enough) reporting the same thing then it's likely the case that things
> happened.

It certainly seems clear from the 'enough people' that Spacey is
aggressive sexually and likes to grab at male genitals and ask for sex.
In almost all the accusations, the event took place in pars or
restaurants and involved Spacey being drunk.  There was one workplace
case where he grabbed his driver...a case that was reported at the time
and the production apparently sent Spacey off to classes on workplace
conduct...so he was punished for the actions and the workplace didn't
turn a blind eye.  Never the less, once people started soliciting for
complaints more workplace people came forward, even if it was simply of
the variety of Spacey saying 'nice ass' to some set worker who's
ass-crack was showing while he was hammering nails (or whatever he was
doing).

> At least with Louis C.K. I don't believe he denies what
> happened which he would be certain to do if it didn't happen
> (especially since he apparently was clearly sober during most of these
> reported events.)

Spacey didn't deny it either.  What he said about the Rapp event was
that he didn't remember it...30 years ago and he was drunk and nothing
happened, so why would he remember it?  Meanwhile, the outrage came
because he 'came out of the closet' in the same message...even though
what he was doing in that message was stating that he has had
relationships with both men and women over the years and that he was
currently choosing to live his life as a gay man...a hint that may just
have meant that he is currently in a monogamous relationship with a man
at this point, not that he is even gay (rather than bisexual).