From: Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid>
Subject: Re: What Did You Watch? 2017-12-06 (Wednesday)
Full headers:
From: Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2017 06:25:51 -0800
On 2017-12-07 09:30:41 +0000, Ubiquitous said:

> What did you watch?

Not much:

Chicago Med (recorded) - "Trust Your Gut" (ep. #3.3). Covered yesterday
by Obv. I actually quite enjoyed the case Dr. Charles/Sarah Reese got -
I liked that it played against expectations: you start out thinking it
was going to be another round in their current workplace philosophical
debate, but then it went somewhere totally different, and in the end
both were "wrong" about the diagnosis! Meanwhile, I hate that b**** Ava
Bekker, and hope Rhodes ends up ax-murdering her! And won't poor
Halstead get "freezer burn" falling asleep on the Ice Princess like
that?! - It's like wrestling with Killer Frost!!

12 Rounds (a Showtime, I think) - This was dumb fun. I guess if you
want a dumb but fun action movie, Renny Harlan is your guy. This fit
the bill. I especially liked the sequence with the out-of-control
trolley car (this was set in New Orleans...).
   It does seem that I can't excape my two "favorite" actresses, Ashley
Scott and Lauren Holly, though - they seem to be in much of what I
watch these days...  :(  This movie did make me realize that Taylor
Cole went through a "heavier" phase that I did not know about before...

I saw some of "Riverdale" - they had Cheryl in a towel, but in only one
scene. Then they had Betty do an unnecessary striptease (after Archie
and Veronica did a decent take on the cover of "Mad World")... How come
no one told me The Vampire Babysitter/Queen Lyria was now on this show?!

SEAL Team - The gang has to go into China near the Afghan border to
rescue a couple of assets defecting from Russia. The new kid does OK on
the mission. "Angel" ends up saving their bacon at the end when he
realizes he can use flash-bangs to screw up the Russian team's
night-goggles so that the SEALs can escape back into Afghanistan.
Decent epie.
   I am wondering how long it is before Angel decides to forget about
the ex-wife, and steal himself some "Mandy smoochies", though...

Recorded for later: Vikings (which I now have a backlog of...), and Knightfall.