From: Obveeus <Obveeus@aol.com>
Subject: Re: What Did You Watch? 2017-12-06 (Wednesday)
From: Obveeus <Obveeus@aol.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2017 11:30:57 -0500
On 12/7/2017 10:51 AM, shawn wrote:
> On Thu, 7 Dec 2017 09:07:55 -0500, Obveeus<Obveeus@aol.com> wrote:
>

>> I watched:
>>
>> SURVIVOR:  The worst Reward Challenge ever...people draw rocks to see
>> who wins.  Everyone seems to be back stabbing everyone else.  The
>> Immunity Challenge is decided when one player trades sex (a back rub)
>> for advancement in the game.  Finally, we see someone use an Immunity
>> Idol the correct way...though his move was only made possible because
>> the eventual evictee gave away her own Immunity Idol AND failed to use
>> her extra vote.  With so much stupidity and lack of game play, she
>> deserved to go home.  Meanwhile, PTSD guy is playing horribly, but lives
>> on...and I think his band-aid really is just there to cover up pornography.
>
> I read Probst's comment that they went with the marble pulling for the
> reward challenge because they felt they had too much else to cover.

hmmm...the Reward Challenge occurs near the beginning of the episode, so
how did they know how much other stuff they would need to cover as a
result of the subsequent 2 days of filming?

> get that but hate that they didn't do a real challenge but instead
> went with a pure luck of the draw option.

Yes...and especially as part of the loved ones visit.

> Lauren was obviously shocked
> at Mike tossing away his half of the HII that Lauren had gotten.
> Though that shell was way too easy for her to get.

The shell was easy for her to get, but still harder than other HIIs
which are simply hidden somewhere in the first place and don't require
any effort to obtain the second half.  If she hadn't been such a dolt
and announced finding the first half, I don't think anyone would have
noticed the importance of her picking up a shell in the sand.

> Ben is clearly going to be the #1 target going forward and is going to
> either need to win out the Immunity Challenges or find a social game
> that has been sorely lacking to this date.

With this episode, he took the lead as 'perfect loser'.  His
condescending way of talking to others and his extremely tedious and
continuous references to PTSD make him seem like the kind of person
others want to be next to because it increases their odds of winning.

Side note:  How disingenuous was it for his wife to talk about the
hardship of being without him while he has been away on SURVIVOR for a
few weeks?  She must be very used to long stints away from him as part
of his military deployments.