> Prev
From: David <dimlan17@yahoo.com>
Subject: Matt Lauer news footage remains in current movie releases
From: David <dimlan17@yahoo.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 07 Dec 2017 12:25:53 -0500
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/rambling-reporter/matt-lauer-wont-...

Matt Lauer Won't Be Cut From 'I, Tonya' or 'Lady Bird'
by Chris Gardner

Matt Lauer may be gone from the small screen, but he's still popping
up on the big one. The former Today host, who was fired Nov. 29 from
NBC after complaints about inappropriate sexual behavior, appears in
Lady Bird, A24's Bush-era coming-of-age drama; in one scene, star
Saoirse Ronan watches Lauer on a newscast reporting about the war in
Afghanistan.

At a recent screening at the ArcLight Santa Monica, Lauer's appearance
prompted groans throughout the sold-out theater. Meanwhile, Neon's I,
Tonya contains another bit of Lauer, with footage of him reporting on
the 1994 attack on figure skater Nancy Kerrigan included in a montage
sequence.

Reps for that film, which premiered a day before the scandal broke,
wouldn't comment when asked if there'd been any thought of cutting
Lauer the way Kevin Spacey has been replaced by Christopher Plummer in
All the Money in the World. But erasing all of Lauer's cinematic past
would be a big task: He's had screen time in scads of films, including
Zoolander 2, Sharknado 3: Oh Hell No! and Entourage.