From: anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
Subject: Re: What Did You Watch? 2017-12-06 (Wednesday)
Full headers:
From: anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 07 Dec 2017 11:02:23 -0700
In article <p0bnt4$8g8$1@dont-email.me>, Obveeus<Obveeus@aol.com>
wrote:

> On 12/7/2017 10:07 AM, icebreaker wrote:
> > On Thu, 7 Dec 2017 06:25:51 -0800, Ian J. Ball<IJBall@mac.invalid>
> > wrote:

> >> Not much:
> >>
> >> Chicago Med (recorded) - "Trust Your Gut" (ep. #3.3). Covered yesterday
> >> by Obv.
> >
> > Obv doesn't watch this one. It was I.
>
> Ian is just trying to keep his tradition alive regarding his being wrong
> about everything.
>

> Meanwhile, did no one actually watch KNIGHTFALL?
>
> Current review status:
>
> KNIGHTFALL:  50% (5of10) at Rottentomatoes and 8.2 (142ratings) at IMDB.
> HAPPY!:  75% (14of21) at Rottentomatoes and 8.1 (83ratings) at IMDB.
>
> That suggests a very small sampling for both.

Like others, I recorded but have not yet watched KNIGHTFALL.

I'm still wondering if anybody but me watched this week's awful DA
FLASH.  I was waiting for somebody else to start the review so I could
froth and rant.

I watched a couple more Cash Cab reruns, and then FRANKIE DRAKE
MYSTERIES (there is apparently no 'The' in the title).

An unholy triple mashup of MURDOCH MYSTERIES, MISS FISHER, and WOMEN'S
MURDER CLUB, FDM presents the adventures of the first female private
dick in Toronto in the 1920s (abeit being filmed in Ontario a century
later).  It looks to be produced by the MURDOCH production company.  It
features the lesser of the early stars of MUTANT X as Frankie Drake, a
modern woman of even looser morals than Miss Fisher (and who has almost
identical origins), a lovely black actress named Chantel Riley as
Frankie's lovely black partner in the agency, Trudy, Sharron Matthews as
the rather zaftig M.E. (guess this has some THE CORONER in the mix too),
and, by far the most important, the incredibly lovely, incredibly
talented, incredibly skinny Rebecca Liddiard as Mary Shaw of the
Morality Police (!).  Some of youts may recall her as officer 0.12-12.0
of HOUDINI AND DOYLE.  While on the earlier show she was grim but
charming, here she steals every scene she's in as the goofy comic
relief.  She even does a bit with Matthews about how she's too skinny!
They made a big deal in the publicity about a fifth lady in the cast,
Grace Lynn Jung as Whiskey Wendy, but all she's done in the 5 episodes
aired to date is serve them coffee.  As you'd expect in a MURDOCH
derivative, historical figures like Ernest Hemingway and Max Sennet show
up, as do delectable Canadia guest stars like Laura Vandervoort. The
good outweighs the bad, the bad being that it's all so unrealistically
progressive and given it's Murdoch heritage they're going to invent the
forensic techniques we take for granted today (and get them
embarrassingly wrong).  It's not great by any means, but if you're a fan
of MM, MF, or WMC this is something you'd likely enjoy.

Fred-Box sez "Check it out"

--
Join your old RAT friends at
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1688985234647266/