From: thinbluemime2 <thinbluemime2@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: German Government Official Wants Backdoors in Every DeviceConnected to the Internet
Full headers:
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2017 10:31:05 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: German Government Official Wants Backdoors in Every Device
Connected to the Internet
From: thinbluemime2@gmail.com
On Thursday, December 7, 2017 at 12:57:51 PM UTC-5, Rhino wrote:
> On 2017-12-07 11:12 AM, BTR1701 wrote:
> > The US Department of Justice is reviving its anti-encryption arguments
> > despite not being given any signals from the administration or Congress
> > that undermining encryption is something either entity desires. The same
> > thing is happening in Germany, with Interior Secretary Thomas de
> > Maiziere continuing an anti-encryption crusade very few German
> > government officials seem interested in joining.
> >
> > The key difference in de Maiziere's push is that he isn't limiting
> > potential backdoors to cell phones. He appears to believe anything
> > connected to the internet should be backdoored... possibly even the cars
> > German citizens drive.
> >
> >      The RedaktionsNetzwerk Deutschland (RND) reported that Thomas
> >      de Maiziere had written up a draft proposal for the interior
> >      minister conference, taking place next week in Leipzig, which
> >      he has called "the legal duty for third parties to allow for
> >      secret surveillance".
> >
> >      According to the RND, the proposal would "dramatically
> >      extend" the state's powers to spy on its citizens.
> >
> > And it's not just backdoors being suggested. De Maiziere wants all
> > electronics to be law enforcement-complicit. All things -- especially
> > those connected to the internet -- should be constructed with government
> > access in mind.
> >
> >      For example, the modern locking systems on cars are so
> >      intelligent that they even warn a driver if their car is
> >      shaken a little bit. De Maiziere wants the new law to ensure
> >      that these alerts would not be sent out to a car owner if
> >      the police determined it to be justified by their
> >      investigation.
> >
> > De Maiziere wants the government to be able to intercept and block
> > notifications sent from cars to the people that own them. But it's far
> > more than smarter cars being compromised on behalf of the government. If
> > de Maiziere gets his way, it will be every connected device everywhere.
> >
> >      De Maiziere also wants the security services to have the
> >      ability to spy on any device connected to the internet. Tech
> >      companies would have to give the state "back door" access to
> >      private tablets and computers, and even to smart TVs and
> >      digital kitchen systems.
> >
> > It's rare for government officials to blatantly state citizens should be
> > under surveillance at all times. Craftier politicians tend to use less
> > direct rhetoric, even if they aspire to the same goals. This blatant
> > call for mass surveillance of millions of innocent people has provoked a
> > reaction from de Maiziere's colleagues, although probably not the one he
> > was looking for.
> >
> >      The proposal was met with astonishment by digital activists and
> >      politicians on Friday.
> >
> > De Maiziere seems blissfully unaware Germany was once home to a powerful
> > dictator who killed millions of his own citizens while deploying a
> > secret police force. And once that period ended, part of Germany rolled
> [...]

The FOREIGN Intelligence Surveillance Act or FISA was for the collection of FOREIGN Intelligence,
not for domestic spying on United States citizens.

NSA gets a warrant, not for collecting, NSA collects fuggin EVERYTHING. This posting will be
collected as soon as I hit enter. NSA gets a FISA warrant when it searches...SEARCHES inside the
already collected data set stored in 3 billion dollar server farms like the one in Bluffdale Utah.

The data is stored forever. The data will still be stored, subject to a FISA warrant when your
grandchildren have grandchildren.

Research Willian Binney. The FISA courts are a mockery of justice in a democratic republic.