From: Obveeus <Obveeus@aol.com>
Subject: Re: MSNBC rehires Sam Seder
From: Obveeus <Obveeus@aol.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2017 14:15:06 -0500
On 12/7/2017 1:11 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> In article <p0bi9b$vjp$1@dont-email.me>, Obveeus<Obveeus@aol.com>
> wrote:
>

>> On 12/7/2017 9:09 AM, David wrote:
>>> https://theintercept.com/2017/12/07/sam-seder-msnbc-reverses-decisio...
>>> e-contributor-sam-seder/
>>>
>>> MSNBC REVERSES DECISION TO FIRE CONTRIBUTOR SAM SEDER
>>

>> good...and hopefully they will think twice about future knee jerk
>> reactions to this wave of sex-themed outrage.
>
> It's not like Al Franken's gonna quit the Senate or something.

The real question now is whether or not he will go back into the private
sector via
1.  SNL
2.  TV news pudit
3.  Radio/streaming obscurity

....but yes, his stepping down is part of a wide knee jerk reaction
network.  I guess the strategy here is for the Democrats to try and take
the high ethical/moral ground, but really, there is little to no chance
that the other side can be persuaded to have the same ethics/morals so
it is a losing strategy.  I read something awhile back regarding the
House/Senate have almost $17million in payouts for various internal
lawsuits (harassment, discrimination, etc...) in the last 20 years.  One
has to wonder why the list of offenders isn't a matter of public record
since the public funds made the payouts.  It seems rather odd at this
point that the private sector, even filled with NDAs, is still getting
more public exposure on these matters than the public sector.