From: anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
Subject: Re: MSNBC rehires Sam Seder
Full headers:
From: anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 07 Dec 2017 13:29:28 -0700
In article <p0c3vv$8em$1@dont-email.me>, Obveeus<Obveeus@aol.com>
wrote:

> On 12/7/2017 1:11 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> > In article <p0bi9b$vjp$1@dont-email.me>, Obveeus<Obveeus@aol.com>
> > wrote:

> >> good...and hopefully they will think twice about future knee jerk
> >> reactions to this wave of sex-themed outrage.
> >
> > It's not like Al Franken's gonna quit the Senate or something.
>
> The real question now is whether or not he will go back into the private
> sector via
> 1.  SNL
> 2.  TV news pudit
> 3.  Radio/streaming obscurity
>
> ...but yes, his stepping down is part of a wide knee jerk reaction
> network.  I guess the strategy here is for the Democrats to try and take
> the high ethical/moral ground, but really, there is little to no chance
> that the other side can be persuaded to have the same ethics/morals so
> it is a losing strategy.  I read something awhile back regarding the
> House/Senate have almost $17million in payouts for various internal
> lawsuits (harassment, discrimination, etc...) in the last 20 years.  One
> has to wonder why the list of offenders isn't a matter of public record
> since the public funds made the payouts.  It seems rather odd at this
> point that the private sector, even filled with NDAs, is still getting
> more public exposure on these matters than the public sector.

My takeaway is "he must have done stuff lots worse that he's afraid of
having come out" because, if this is the worst of it, and the worst
thing that could happen to him is that he lose his job, why would he
fall on his sword in round one?

--
Join your old RAT friends at
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1688985234647266/