From: Obveeus <Obveeus@aol.com>
Subject: Re: MSNBC rehires Sam Seder
From: Obveeus <Obveeus@aol.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2017 16:07:23 -0500
On 12/7/2017 3:29 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> In article <p0c3vv$8em$1@dont-email.me>, Obveeus<Obveeus@aol.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On 12/7/2017 1:11 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:

>>> It's not like Al Franken's gonna quit the Senate or something.
>>
>> The real question now is whether or not he will go back into the private
>> sector via
>> 1.  SNL
>> 2.  TV news pudit
>> 3.  Radio/streaming obscurity
>>
>> ...but yes, his stepping down is part of a wide knee jerk reaction
>> network.  I guess the strategy here is for the Democrats to try and take
>> the high ethical/moral ground, but really, there is little to no chance
>> that the other side can be persuaded to have the same ethics/morals so
>> it is a losing strategy.  I read something awhile back regarding the
>> House/Senate have almost $17million in payouts for various internal
>> lawsuits (harassment, discrimination, etc...) in the last 20 years.  One
>> has to wonder why the list of offenders isn't a matter of public record
>> since the public funds made the payouts.  It seems rather odd at this
>> point that the private sector, even filled with NDAs, is still getting
>> more public exposure on these matters than the public sector.
>
> My takeaway is "he must have done stuff lots worse that he's afraid of
> having come out" because, if this is the worst of it, and the worst
> thing that could happen to him is that he lose his job, why would he
> fall on his sword in round one?

That is a distinct possibility.  The other option is that he (the
Democrat party in general...and Hollywood as well for that matter) is
trying to set/force precedent at a time when the GOP is about to elect a
serial pubescent girl chaser/assaulter to the senate from Alabama and
keep a assaulter/rapist in the white house.

But yes, if this is the worst Franken has ever really done, I'm guessing
that at least half the people in the house/senate would have to resign
as well.