Subject: Re: Today's premieres and other notes (Thursday, Dec. 7)
Full headers:
From: "Jim G." <jimgysin@geemail.com.invalid>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2017 15:10:02 -0600
Robin Miller sent the following on 12/07/2017 at 01:53 PM:
> Psych: The Movie        (movie)         (8-10 pm, USA)
>
> Picking up three years since the series finale, Shawn Spencer (James
> Roday) and best friend, Burton "Gus" Guster (Dulé Hill) are working
> together in San Francisco when one of their friends becomes a target.
> The original cast is joined by Zachary Levi and John Cena.
>
> http://www.metacritic.com/tv/psych-the-movie      [Metacritic score 63]
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psych:_The_Movie
>
> http://www.usanetwork.com/psych

Yay! There's a nice interview with Franks and Roday floating around out
there. Among the highlights, I liked hearing that they're going to avoid
the political and social divisiveness that too many other writers of too
many other shows seem to be embracing these days. Instead, it's gonna be
the usual fun and silliness. Also, they got together at various bars to
do the writing. Heh.

Another interesting and slightly spoiler-ish thing as it relates to
location: they had initially planned to open in San Francisco, picking
up where the series left off, before moving the action back to Santa
Barbara, which still looks remarkably like Vancouver. But with Lassie's
real-life health issues, they thought (and this is awesome) that it
wouldn't be right to do that without him as a major player, so the
entirety of this one will now take place in San Fran. I thought that it
was an interesting and respectful adjustment.

http://collider.com/psych-movie-interview-james-roday-steve-franks/...

"Captain, respectfully submit that the attractiveness of the ship's
occupant makes the rescue imperative." -- Lt. Gordon Malloy, THE ORVILLE