From: moviePig <pwallace@moviepig.com>
Subject: Re: Another left wing anti-Trump scum bag takes a hit
Full headers:
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: moviePig <pwallace@moviepig.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2017 16:29:07 -0500
On 12/7/2017 3:55 PM, Rhino wrote:
> On 2017-12-07 2:37 PM, moviePig wrote:
>> On 12/7/2017 2:19 PM, irishranger317@gmail.com wrote:
>>>
>>> "Top DOJ official demoted amid probe of contacts with Trump dossier
>>> firm"
>>>
>>> EXCLUSIVE: A senior Justice Department official was demoted this week
>>> amid an ongoing investigation into his contacts with the opposition
>>> research firm responsible for the anti-Trump “dossier,” the
>>> department confirmed to Fox News.
>>>
>>> Until Wednesday morning, Bruce G. Ohr held two titles at DOJ:
>>> associate deputy attorney general, a post that placed him four doors
>>> down from his boss, Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein; and
>>> director of the Organized Crime Drug Enforcement Task Forces
>>> (OCDETF), a program described by the department as “the centerpiece
>>> of the attorney general’s drug strategy.”
>>>
>>> Initially senior department officials could not provide the reason
>>> for Ohr’s demotion, but Fox News has learned that evidence collected
>>> by the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence (HPSCI),
>>> chaired by Rep. Devin Nunes, R-Calif., indicates that Ohr met during
>>> the 2016 campaign with Christopher Steele, the former British spy who
>>> authored the “dossier.”
>>>
>>> Additionally, House investigators have determined that Ohr met
>>> shortly after the election with Glenn Simpson, the founder of Fusion
>>> GPS – the opposition research firm that hired Steele to compile the
>>> dossier with funds supplied by the Hillary Clinton campaign and the
>>> Democratic National Committee. By that point, according to published
>>> reports, the dossier had been in the hands of the FBI, which exists
>>> under the aegis of DOJ, for some five months, and the surveillance on
>>> Page had been commenced more than two months prior."
>>>
>>> What little credibility Mueller's left wing anti-trump smear attack
>>> had, has now been discredited.  The sad
>>> thing is that it comes too late to save General Michael Flynn who has
>>> had his life destroyed by these scum bags.
>>>
>>> Irish Mike
>>
>> Wow, so, just to keep my feet on the ground, I asked Google News about
>> 'Bruce Ohr', and was offered exactly 3 stories as full coverage: Fox
>> News, The Daily Caller (citing Fox News), and People's Pundit Daily.
>>
> So if it wasn't in WaPo or NYT, Ohr didn't really get demoted?

'The news' isn't merely an assembly of facts, as literally hundreds to
thousands of those spring forth on any given day.  Rather, the news
comprises stories that have "significance".  And, here in the U.S., news
organizations actually compete to *include* those stories for their
readership.  So, when an otherwise freely available fact is seized upon
by a single, narrow outpost of the press corps, you'd do well to sniff
it for the noxious aroma of Agenda.  But surely that's not news, is it?

--

   YOUR taste at work...