> Prev
From: B i l l C o c k b u r n <bcockburn@cogeco.ca>
Subject: Trump Won Because Leftist Political Correctness Inspired a TerrifyingBacklash
Full headers:
From: "B i l l C o c k b u r n" <bcockburn@cogeco.ca>
Subject: Trump Won Because Leftist Political Correctness Inspired a Terrifying
Backlash
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2018 06:46:17 +0100 (CET)
Newsgroups: alt.politics.clinton, alt.politics.usa,
alt.politics.usa.republicans, sac.general, rec.arts.tv
Many will say Trump won because he successfully capitalized on
blue collar workers' anxieties about immigration and
globalization. Others will say he won because America rejected a
deeply unpopular alternative. Still others will say the country
is simply racist to its core.

But there's another major piece of the puzzle, and it would be a
profound mistake to overlook it. Overlooking it was largely the
problem, in the first place.

Trump won because of a cultural issue that flies under the radar
and remains stubbornly difficult to define, but is nevertheless
hugely important to a great number of Americans: political
correctness.

More specifically, Trump won because he convinced a great number
of Americans that he would destroy political correctness.

I have tried to call attention to this issue for years. I have
warned that political correctness actually is a problem on
college campuses, where the far-left has gained institutional
power and used it to punish people for saying or thinking the
wrong thing. And ever since Donald Trump became a serious threat
to win the GOP presidential primaries, I have warned that a lot
of people, both on campus and off it, were furious about
political-correctness-run-amok