> Prev
From: Obveeus <Obveeus@aol.com>
Subject: What Did You Watch? 2018-01-02 (Tuesday)
From: Obveeus <Obveeus@aol.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2018 08:12:59 -0500
I watched:

LA TO VEGAS:  The pilot episode for this new FOX series about a plane
full of idiots that travels back and forth between Los Angeles and Las
Vegas.  Given how short that flight is, I have no idea how they find so
much time to wander around the plane.  In any case, this was really bad.
  One and done for me.

THE BAD BATCH:  A 2016 film about life in Texas starring Suki Waterhouse
and Jason Mamoa (FRONTIER).  Nothing about the setting/world of this
film made any sense at all.  I don't know how much was intended as post
apocalyptic world and how much was prison colony and how much was just
typical Texas lifestyle.  Jim Carrey, Keanu Reeves, and Giovanni Ribisi
all show up in cameos here, but they don't bring much to the table other
than quirk.  I'm not sure who this movie's target audience might be.
Perhaps with a bunch of nudity added it could have risen to the level of
MACHETE or NUDE NUNS WITH BIG GUNS, but as it stands, the film is
nothing more than a wasteland.

DAVE CHAPPELLE EQUANIMITY & THE BIRD REVELATION:  I watched EQUANIMITY
and though I agreed with his political/social opinions about almost
everything, I didn't find his delivery entertaining or his attempts to
spin jokes on the subject matter at all successful.  He seems to spend
most of his stage time telling the audience that he is funny and
successful.  As a result, I didn't even bother with THE BIRD REVELATION,
so I didn't get to much of anything regarding the sexual harassment in
Hollywood stuff.

What did you watch?