From: Arthur Lipscomb <arthur@alum.calberkeley.org>
Subject: Re: What Did You Watch? 2018-01-02 (Tuesday)
From: Arthur Lipscomb <arthur@alum.calberkeley.org>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2018 06:45:23 -0800
On 1/3/2018 5:12 AM, Obveeus wrote:

> I watched:
>
> LA TO VEGAS:  The pilot episode for this new FOX series about a plane
> full of idiots that travels back and forth between Los Angeles and Las
> Vegas.  Given how short that flight is, I have no idea how they find so
> much time to wander around the plane.  In any case, this was really bad.
>   One and done for me.

I didn't even bother to sample.

> THE BAD BATCH:  A 2016 film about life in Texas starring Suki Waterhouse
> and Jason Mamoa (FRONTIER).  Nothing about the setting/world of this
> film made any sense at all.  I don't know how much was intended as post
> apocalyptic world and how much was prison colony and how much was just
> typical Texas lifestyle.  Jim Carrey, Keanu Reeves, and Giovanni Ribisi
> all show up in cameos here, but they don't bring much to the table other
> than quirk.  I'm not sure who this movie's target audience might be.
> Perhaps with a bunch of nudity added it could have risen to the level of
> MACHETE or NUDE NUNS WITH BIG GUNS, but as it stands, the film is
> nothing more than a wasteland.
>
> DAVE CHAPPELLE EQUANIMITY & THE BIRD REVELATION:  I watched EQUANIMITY
> and though I agreed with his political/social opinions about almost
> everything, I didn't find his delivery entertaining or his attempts to
> spin jokes on the subject matter at all successful.  He seems to spend
> most of his stage time telling the audience that he is funny and
> successful.  As a result, I didn't even bother with THE BIRD REVELATION,
> so I didn't get to much of anything regarding the sexual harassment in
> Hollywood stuff.

Now that you mention it, I guess I only watched Equanimity too.  When it
was over I didn't see an option to watch The Bird Revelation.  Just
added to the queue.

> What did you watch?

Major Crimes - "By Any Means: Part 3" - The cops finally catch a clue in
their cat and mouse game against Stroh.

Fresh Off the Boat - "Big Baby" - Honey asks Jessica to help her deal
with her control freak mother, but Jessica discovers she has a lot in
common with another control freak.  Funny episode.

American Horror Story - Another episode.

Runaways (Hulu) "Doomsday" - The kids find out more about their parents
while the parents find out more about their kids.  OK episode.  But one
thing I'm not clear on, what exactly does that pet dinosaur eat?  And
why isn't it attacking random people left and right since it was only
ordered to not eat the other kids?